Saturday, September 30, 2006

No Name....and So Much to Learn

Jackie: "What in the Sam Hill....! Cookie! You had better get out here quick! There is a cat out here!"Cookie: "Jackie, this is not a cat. It is a little puppy. Hello little girl, what is your name? Why are you here?"Puppy: "I don't know. I don't know. I was just in a pen with my two sisters and then this boy and girl came and took me home. I don't have a name."Jackie: "Sniff...sniff....I guess you are right, Cookie. It isn't a cat. Why do you suppose it is here?"Cookie: "Well, I am guessing here, but we have all been so sad since Annie went to the Hunting Ground. You have not been yourself Jackie. You have been spending a lot of time curled up in the rocking chair looking out the window. This family loves us and has a lot of love to give. Maybe they wanted to give us a new friend."

Jackie: "Well, no one can take Annie's place EVER!"Cookie: "Of course not, Jackie. I told you before, we will never stop missing Annie. But we have to enjoy our days while we are here. So you don't have a name yet, little fella?"

Puppy: "No name; I am just me....who are the two of you?" Cookie: "I am Cookie, the chief dog here, and this is my assistant, Jackie. Welcome to our yard, you are going to like living here with us. You have a lot to learn, my little friend and we will teach you."

Puppy: "Will I ever have a name? I don't what to be called "It"! Where are my sisters!? I am scared!"Jackie: "Don't worry, Puppy. I won't call you "It" anymore. The family will give you a name when they get to know you a little. Cookie is right; you are going to like it here, and Cookie and I and this family are yours now. We are going to take care of you and teach you what you need to know." Cookie: "You know, Jackie. You were just saying that you wanted a baby in the house....a puppy is a baby, only better.

Jackie: "You know, you are right! And I remember Annie told me that one day I would not be the pup in the house anymore. That day has come! Does this mean you won't call me "Pup" anymore, Cookie?"

Cookie: "I probably always will call you "Pup" Jackie since you are special to me and I have known you since you were just a pup like this little one, but we'll see. We need to get to know each other."

Jackie: "Hello Little Girl. I can't wait to know what your name is. I can't wait to play with you."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow what a cute puppy is that a jack russel?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Hi Brad! She is half Jack Russell and half chihuahua, whatever that is. I think she looks kind of funny. Shouldn't her body be longer and her legs shorter....say like a WEENER DOG??????

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha that is the cutest dog ever

12:31 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What!? Cuter than ME????

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home