Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bookish Meme - Part II

Cookie: "Okay, what is next on the list?"

Jackie: "It's: 'One book you have read more than once.'"

Cookie: "Oh, that would be the 'Hank the Cowdog' series by John R. Erickson.

Jackie: "I love Hank the Cowdog! He makes me laugh too. Hank is the head of ranch security on a real Texas ranch just like we take care of the security in the yard here!"

Annie: "Hank's cowboys don't understand that Hank has the best of intentions and he sure does get into trouble. I laughed and laughed when he went into the house and ate the frozen steaks off the table."

Jackie: "I like to get on the table and eat too!"

Cookie: "Yeah, and you sure get into trouble when you do that!"

Jackie: "Sometimes the people in this house don't understand that I have the best of intentions, just like Hank."

Cookie: "I am not sure how eating food off the table is the best of an intention."

Annie: "I don't get that either."

Jackie: "Well, I like to help out when I can and I am great a clearing a table."

Cookie: "And that, Pup, is why you have to go to your crate when the family is eating their dinner."

Jackie: "Just like I said, they don't understand me sometimes......Cookie, what is the next book?"

Cookie: "The next one is easy....'One book you would want on a desert island.'

Jackie: "That is a very easy one! James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small." I would want the whole series. He sure can tell a funny stories and he likes dogs. His dog Sam got to go in the car with him on all of his rounds--that is a lucky dog."

Cookie: "He tells sad stories in his books too. He is a veterinarian and some of the animals he tries to help die, even though he tries very hard."

Jackie: "I like people who admit that they aren't perfect....even we dogs are not perfect."

Annie: "What! Dogs are almost perfect!"

Jackie: "That's not what Mama said when you peed on the rug yesterday."

Annie: "Oh yeah, Mama was a little mad about that..."

5 Comments:

Blogger Squirrely Jedi said...

Glad to see that you all are back and that you've accepted the book meme challenge. Hope you're having fun with it.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

We're glad to be back too! It is a little hard to post from the kennel. I don't know why the family can't just leave us home with a huge open bag of dog food. We would guard the house and take care of ourselves just fine.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I am just doing my job. I have told you before, I have a lot of responsibilities around here.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What are you saying!?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I am going to ignore you, Cookie and Annie. Squirrely Jedi, we are enjoying the challenge very much. It is fun to think about our favorite books. People don't realize, but dogs like fine literature too!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home