Thursday, August 10, 2006

Old and Tired

Jackie: "Cookie, what is the matter? You don't seem like yourself today."

Cookie: "My ears are really hurting me again and I feel tired. Mama made me sit still for a long time while she cleaned them and put medicine in them."

Jackie: "I know that wears you out, and it is hot too."

Cookie: "Yeah, it is hot too....but I feel old, Jackie.
Jackie: "Twelve is not so old, Cookie."

Cookie: "Some days it doesn't seem so old, but today it does."
Jackie: "I think you need to rest and you will feel better in the morning after you have your breakfast. You need to let Mama cuddle you."
Cookie: "My ears hurt too much to be cuddled. I just want to be here on this cool linoleum.....maybe I will feel better in the morning."

Jackie: "Just rest, Cookie. I am right here with you. We'll rest together."

1 Comments:

Blogger Squirrely Jedi said...

I hope you feel better soon Cookie.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home