Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yard Camping

Cookie: "Jackie, I hate to say it, but I don't really like yard camping." Jackie: "Really? Why is that? I love to yard camp! We had a great night in the tent last night."

Cookie: "I don't know why the family wants to sleep on the ground in the yard when they have PERFECTLY good beds in the house. Besides, I get cold at night."
Jackie: "The kids like to yard camp if they can't get away to do a real camp. It is your own fault if you got cold. Mama made a nice spot for you in the tent, but you wanted to sleep by the door. I slept next to Mama in her sleeping bag and I stayed nice and warm."

Cookie: "Well yard camping isn't safe. Didn't you hear the coyotes last night?!"

Jackie: "I did hear them! It is a good thing that the tent was zipped up tight or I would have had to go and and let that pack of coyotes have it!

Cookie: "Good thing the tent was zipped then."

Jackie: "Cookie! Do you think the coyotes could still be around? Maybe they are out there waiting to eat us!"
Cookie: "I think I hear breathing.....maybe we had better peek out and see."

Jackie: "Be careful Cookie.....What do you see Cookie?"
Cookie: "I don't see anything, but I am not getting a good enough look. Maybe you had better go out and check since you were planning to let the coyotes 'have it' anyway."

Jackie: ".........Okay Cookie......I will go out and check because I am a very brave big dog....."

Jackie: "Okay here I go now....."

Jackie: "Whew! I don't see anything.....good thing for the coyotes that they aren't around."

Jackie: "I saved you Cookie! The coast is clear! I protected you from the coyotes and they are gone."Cookie: "Wow, thanks Jackie. Did you have to fight them?Jackie: "No, but I almost had to! The coyotes must have run away when they saw me coming out of the tent."


Cookie: "Well, then what is that noise?"

Jackie: "Huh! What is it!? Are they back????"

Cookie: "Jackie, let's just peek out together this time."

Jackie: "Oh it is just Valerie......Wow that was a REALLY close call."
Cookie: "Yep, it will be nice to sleep in the house tonight."

Jackie: "Maybe so since we had such a close call."

13 Comments:

Blogger Squirrely Jedi said...

I have to agree with you there; I'm quite partial to a nice warm bed at nights.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What are you talking about? It is very safe or Mama wouldn't let us be out there.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Well, I wanted to yard camp. How come I didn't get to go?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Maxie you are too young. Besides until you are crate trained you don't get to sleep anywhere but your crate.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

It just isn't fair.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Cookie, do you think that being a trained dog is the same as being a trained Jedi?

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I would like to be a Jedi, especially if I got to run around with a lightsaber like Squirrely Jedi has!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I have decided! I am going to start my training as a Jedi dog.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Me too! I want to start training as a Jedi dog too!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

That's fine Maxie! You can complete your house training and we can Jedi dog train together!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks Jackie!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Just wait! Those coyotes will not stand a chance against two highly trained Jedi dogs.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home