Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Teaching the Boy Scouts

Jackie: "Where were you tonight, Cookie? You went out with Mama and James."

Cookie: "I am teaching a Boy Scout merit badge class on dog care. I am showing boys how to take care of dogs--Mama is helping me teach them....a little."

Jackie: "Did you tell them that they need to feed dogs as much chicken as possible and food from the table?"

Cookie: "No, Mama told them dogs need to eat dog food."

Jackie: "Did y0u tell them that dogs need to go to school with their kids?"

Cookie: "No, Mama told the Boy Scouts that dogs need to be on a leash."

Jackie: "Well it sure sounds like Mama butted in a lot. I am sure you told them that we need a good walk in the sunshine EVERY DAY!"

Cookie: "Yes, I did tell them that! I also taught them how to sit, stay and heel."

Jackie: "Boys do have trouble sitting, staying and heeling. They don't seem to understand that we do the leading and they need stick with us and go at our pace."

Annie: "Also, they need to stop when we need to sniff something interesting."

Cookie: "I made them practice and had them sitting and heeling very nicely by the end of the class."




Cookie: "I also taught the boys about grooming and that we like a nice gentle brushing."

Jackie: "And roast beef for dinner!"

Cookie: "No, dog food, remember."

Cookie: "I like Boy Scouts. They were nice to me and gave me lots of pets and hugs. "

Cookie: "I did get a little tired after awhile and then Mama put me in my crate until it was time to go home. I am pretty sure I taught those boys a thing or two!"

Jackie: "Cookie, you are so smart! I am sure you did."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home