Sunday, June 15, 2008

Buffalo on the Loose

Abby: "What do you two smell?"

Maxie: "Zoe says there was a BIG animal that came through here in the night."

Zoe: "That's right. Weener dogs have an excellent sense of smell. It was a really big animal....maybe a bear or a buffalo."

Abby: "I don't smell anything big."

Zoe: "That's because schnauzers don't smell very good."

Abby: "But Valerie just gave me a bath a few days ago."Zoe: "Sorry Abby. I meant schnauzers don't have as good a sense of smell as weeners do."

Abby: "Glad to hear that."

Zoe: "Excuse me Abby. I have to track the big animal. It might still be here."Abby: "But Zoe....don't you think you would see it if it were still here in the yard?"
Zoe: "Don't be silly Abby! Dogs track with their sense of smell, not their eyesight. I'm on the trail now." Maxie: "Well, I am on the trail too. Everyone knows that chihuahuas are tracking dogs."Zoe: "Well it came through here......and I'm pretty sure it was a buffalo......what do you say Maxie?"


Maxie: "Yes, definitely a buffalo and it did come this way."
Maxie: "Zoe! I think it's in here! I can smell it in here."
Zoe: "Maxie....that's an open-fire barbeque.....Master Man doesn't like dogs on the barbeque."

Maxie: "Nonsense. He doesn't like dogs chewing meat off the grill, everyone knows that. He doesn't mind dogs on the barbeque at all. Besides, won't he be proud when we find the buffalo in here!?"



Zoe: "Hoo boy....the only thing I smell now is trouble......"


Maxie: "Yeah! It's here! I smell the buffalo in here!"




Zoe: "Uh Maxie..........Here comes Master Man; I'm out of here!"
Maxie: "Uh oh.......I guess Master Man doesn't like dogs on the barbeque."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home