Sunday, January 07, 2007

Puzzling over People

Jackie: "You know, our friend Squirrely Jedi has a point, there. Maxie, have you noticed all of the bathing that gets done by the people around here?"Maxie: "I have noticed! I would hate to have a bath every day."

Jackie: "I think that is why people don't have as much fur as dogs do. They wash it off with all of that scrubbing and soaping." Maxie: "I have noticed that Master Man doesn't have too much hair on his head--do you think he scrubs it too hard?"

Jackie: "That could be--he just scrubbed it right off." Maxie: "Wow. I hope it didn't hurt too much."

Jackie: "Another thing I have noticed about the family is that they don't shake when they get out of the shower. If I have to have a bath, I love to have a good wet shake."Maxie: "I have to admit, I didn't enjoy the bath, but I DID enjoy the shake. I wonder why people don't shake. People get to do whatever they want to."

Jackie: "I know! And even another thing I have noticed about people is that they don't run out of the bathroom and roll and rub all over the living room carpet." Maxie: "Rubbing on the living room carpet was really nice. I wonder why people don't do that; maybe they have scrubbed so much of their fur off already, they are afraid to rub more off on the rug....as a matter of fact, people don't even seem to be too frisky after their baths, do they?"


Jackie: "No they don't. With all of that washing, you would think they would leap and jump all over the house, or at least run out of the bathroom and chew something."


Maxie: "Well if you don't know why, I sure don't. I am still learning about people, Jackie."Jackie: "There are some things about people that I will never figure out!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Squirrely Jedi said...

For me, shower time is always my time to start feeling relaxed. I can't vouch for all humans, but that's the reason I tend not to go running out of the bathroom all over the place. And chewing just generally isn't a favorite human pastime once they leave the teething phase.

You'll figure some things out in time, Maxie.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I just hate baths. I just hate them. I don't know how you can be relaxed about it. Some things people do are really a mystery.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Well, I am not going to think about BATHS on my birthday!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home