Friday, April 28, 2006

The Proactive Approach

Jackie: "What ya doin' there Cook?"
Cookie: "Well, James is a nice boy, and I think if I sit here he will give me a little piece of that food."

Jackie: "You are doing it all wrong. You have to take a more proactive approach."

Cookie: "What is a proactive approach?"

Jackie: "Well, that is when you take matters in your own paws instead of leaving it to the boy."

Cookie: "I like would like that.....I think I would like that....I don't want to get kicked out to the yard."

Jackie: "Don't worry about a thing. Now watch the master at work."
Jackie: "First, you need to carefully check out what he is eating. If he is doing homework then you are wasting your time....let me see."

Cookie: "I think he is eating a sandwich."

Jackie: "Yes, it is a sandwich; perfect."Jackie: "Then you need to go around to his blind side and make yourself invisible. Stealth is the key here."

Cookie: "Like a CAT?"

Jackie: "Don't be insulting! Absolutely not! Like a WOLF!"

Cookie: "Sorry."

Jackie: "Like I said, you have to make yourself invisible.
Jackie: "Then carefully zero in on the target."
Jackie: "Aim carefully because there will only be one chance here."
Jackie: "Silence....stealth.....wait just for the right moment and......"

Jackie: "SNAP!!!!!"Cookie: "Well done Jackie!"

Jackie: "Thanks! Mmmmm good sandwich."

James: "JACKIE!!!!!!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Squirrely Jedi said...

That was very sneaky of you. Though, I have a feeling James wasn't very happy with you. My dad and stepmom have a yellow lab that is so tall, she can lay her head on the kitchen table if she wants. Most of the time she just gets frustrated and goes under the table to sit on our feet.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You mean she doesn't just help herself?! When this family has pizza and a video night, I can snatch a whole piece of pizza away from Valerie amd get it eaten before they can catch me....I guess that is why I have to go to my crate during video night now....

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and explains some of your weight problem.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Squirrely Jedi said...

She occasionally tries to help herself, but most of the time we stop her or move the food before she can get to it. But every once in a while she gets her tongue on something.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home