Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Carpet Cleaning

Cookie: "We are shut out in the backyard again! I hate it when Mama gets the carpets cleaned. We have been shut out in the yard all day." Cookie: "Mama! Mama! Let me in!"
Jackie: "Cookie, look through the window. Is anyone coming?"

Cookie: "Let me look.....no. No one is coming."

Jackie: "I don't know why we have to stay outside when the carpet is wet. I don't mind it being wet. It doesn't change any of my routines. I still patrol inside and outside of the house."

Jackie: "I have very clean paws. Oh what if Mama never lets us in again. We are house pets. Maybe we will never be allowed in the house again. Maybe James and Valerie won't come out in the backyard and play with us anymore. Maybe.....
Cookie: "Jackie, you are being silly. I have survived lots and lots of carpet cleanings. I hate it too, but we eventually will get to go back in the house. The best thing to do is remind the family that we are here."
Annie: "Well maybe if we look through the screen door."
Annie: "Maybe if I scratch on the window."
Annie: "Maybe a really big BARK!"
Jackie: "Annie! Let's jump up on the window together!"

Annie: "I am in there for that!"

Cookie: "Let's jump up on the window and hollar for the kids all together!"

Annie: "Okay! One, two three BARK!"

Jackie: "Are the kids coming?"
Cookie: "Oh, I give up. I am going to get under the shade tree."Annie: "I am not giving up! I trust James and Valerie. They will not forget that we are there."

Jackie: "You are right Annie. I trust them too."Jackie: "Here comes Valerie! I think she is going to let us in!
Annie: "Thanks Valerie. You are my girl!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home